Turn your breakfast cereal into an anytime snack with these Mickey Mouse shaped Fruity Pebbles crispy treats! A Disney inspired treat!
For the crispy treat:
- Before beginning, line a loaf pan with parchment.
- Combine the butter and marshmallows in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until marshmallows have melted and mixture is smooth.
- Immediately dump in the Fruity Pebbles cereal and quickly mix to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan and gently press mixture into place with a rubber spatula (or damp fingers, which is my favorite method). Set aside for at least an hour in the refrigerator (or 20 minutes in the freezer) so that the mixture can firm up enough to cut shapes.
- When the treats have firmed up, use a Mickey Mouse cutter to cut out your shapes. Set aside.
For the white chocolate:
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave inside a microwave safe bowl, like glass, for 20 seconds. Stir and microwave again for an additional 15-20 seconds. Keep stirring and microwaving in short bursts of 15-20 seconds until melted and smooth. You can alternatively use a double boiler for melting. OR you can directly melt in a heat safe pastry bag similar to how you’d melt in the bowl. (20 second bursts, kneading bag in-between)
- When melted, transfer to a pastry bag (if you did not melt directly in one), snip off the tip, and drizzle over the crispy treat shapes. You can also drizzle with a spoon from the bowl.
- Repeat with all treats. Set aside in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and then enjoy.
- Use a smaller pan than you think you’ll need for this. As the marshmallows melt into the butter, if there’s too much space in the pan, they will start to dry out and form strings. Keeping the marshmallows closer together in the pan will ensure they melt more evenly, creating a better mixture to add the cereal into.
- When mixing cereal into the melted marshmallows, keep the mixture on the flame so that marshmallows stay liquid. Removing to mix in can seize up the liquid before the cereal is fully mixed.
- After you’ve cut out your treats, extra cereal/marshmallow mixture can be recombined by hand and cut again (or just combined and shaped into another treat by hand).
- Treats can be kept in an air-tight container refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Keywords: treat, Disneyland, WDW, Fruity Pebbles, Mickey Mouse, cripsy treat, krispy treat, krispie treat, rice krispie treats, white chocolate, cereal