Warm, garlic scented bagel twists are stuffed with cheddar and topped with everything bagel mix. A Disneyland-inspired treat.
1 refrigerated tube of French bread
1/2 cup finely shredded cheese
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 egg white
1 teaspoon water
1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Mix
marinara sauce for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°f and line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Open the tube of dough and cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll out the first piece into a flat rectangle and sprinkles in a few pieces of the garlic and about a tablespoon of the cheese. Use your fingers to push the garlic and cheese into the dough.
- Then, fold over the dough on itself end to end, and then twist both ends and flatten the dough down slightly. Pinch together any open parts, or places where the cheese and garlic might be peeking through. Set on the parchment and repeat with the other three pieces.
- Next, mix together the egg white and water in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the tops of the dough with the mixture, careful not to saturate the dough. Sprinkle the everything bagel mix over the tops of the twists.
- Bake 25-28 minutes until golden brown.
- Let rest 5 minutes out of the oven, and then serve. Marinara makes a great dipping sauce for these!
- If you cannot find French bread, crescent rolls could also be used in place, or even puff pastry. The texture will be more crisp and less chewy though.
- If your rolls start to unravel while twisting, roll each hand in alternate directions while pressing down lightly on the dough.
- We use cheddar here like the park’s version, but pepper jack would also be great!
- If egg whites are not available, you can sub in a tablespoon of cream or milk with the water and use that on the tops to hold the toppings in place.
- For extra garlic flavor, add finely sliced garlic pieces on the top of the bread in addition to chopped garlic inside.
- To make your own everything bagel seasoning recipe, mix together 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion pieces, 1 tablespoon dehydrated garlic pieces, 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt.
Keywords: treat, savory, cheddar, garlic, bread, bagel, everything bagel, Maurice's Treats, Disneyland