Creamy mac & cheese with bacon bits and chives makes a delicious topping for a footlong hotdog! A Disneyland-inspired treat from the “Get Your Ears On” celebration.
- 2 cups creamy mac & cheese, prepared
- 3–4 slices of bacon
- 2 footlong hotdogs (I used Farmer John’s Dodger Dogs)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- 2 french rolls
- Start by preparing the mac & cheese per the box’s instructions.
- Next, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Watch that it does not go from crispy to burned! Set aside until warm and then chop bacon to small bite-sized pieces.
- Cook hotdogs over medium heat about 8 minutes, turning occasionally to crisp skin on all sides. While hotdogs are cooking, warm french rolls if desired.
- To assemble: carve out a small section from french rolls and place hotdog inside. Scoop mac & cheese on top. Sprinkle with bacon bits and chopped chives. Enjoy!
- Use a french roll instead of a standard hotdog bun for a sturdier base
- All components can be prepared up to a day in advance and reheated to assemble
Keywords: savory, Get Your Ears On, hotdog, mac & cheese