Cool off this Halloween with a minty Minnie Witch Shake! A Disneyland-inspired treat.
Mint Chip Cookies and Cream Shake:
- 3, 2 ounce scoops mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 3 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup milk, more or less to taste
Toppings and Decorations:
- 4 ounces orange candy melts
- 1/2 cup orange sanding sugar
- 5 green M&Ms candies
- orange, green, and purple sanding sugar mix (this can be pre-packaged if you find it, or mix together yourself)
- whipped cream (or 1 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon each vanilla extract and simple syrup or liquid sweetener of your choice with directions below for making from scratch)
- purple food coloring
- 2 Oreo cookies
For the shake:
- In a blender, combine the mint ice cream, crushed cookies, and milk. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For the glass decoration and chocolate bow:
- Pour the orange sanding sugar into a wide, shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the orange candy melts in a microwave safe bowl, like glass. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave again for an additional 30 seconds. Keep stirring and microwaving in short bursts of 15-20 seconds until melted and smooth. Use can alternatively use a double boiler for melting.
- Dip and coat the outer rim of a glass with the melted candy melts. Then dip in the orange sanding sugar, turning to coat the entire outside rim.
- Then, pour some of the melted orange candy melts in your bow mold(s). Let set at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove the bow from the mold when hardened and set aside. Repeat molding for additional bows.
To make the purple whipped cream:
- If using ready made whipped cream: Spray whipped cream into a small bowl and using a toothpick, add a drop of purple food coloring. Mix and set aside.
- If using a whipped cream canister: Add heavy cream, vanilla extract, simple syrup, and one drop of purple food coloring to a chilled whipped cream canister. Add N2O cartridge and twist to activate. Shake the container for a few seconds and set aside.
- If making whipped cream with a mixer: Add heavy cream and one drop of purple food coloring to a chilled mixing bowl. Mix until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- In the prepared glass, pour in the mint shake mixture. (Any extra set aside to top off later!)
- Spoon or spray prepared whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle with orange, green, and purple sanding sugar mix.
- Place the bow and the Oreo “ears” on top of whipped cream. Enjoy with a fun straw!
- Glasses can be prepared up to a week ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Bows can be prepared up to three days and stored in refrigerator.
- If dairy is not your thing, try a dairy alternative ice cream and “milk”! You can also make the whipped cream with cream of coconut but be prepared for a less stiff cream on top.
- If your ice cream is too soft, use less milk, and alternatively, if your ice cream is pretty hard, use a splash more milk.
- You can pre-mix your own sprinkles for future baking projects. There are a lot of bulk options on Amazon for sprinkles and sanding sugars (check out our Favorite Supplies list for some examples!).
Keywords: treat, character treat, Minnie Mouse, mint, chocolate, whipped cream, sprinkles